Alternative Data About the
Public Cloud Supply Chain
The Liftr Cloud Components Tracker service identifies, catalogs and compares public cloud service provider (CSP) compute instance types, prices, components and configurations, region by region around the entire world. Compute instance types include Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) virtual server and bare metal instances.
Liftr Cloud Components Tracker tells subscribers:
- Which clouds (AWS, Azure, etc.) dominate different parts of the world (US, China, etc.)
- Which processor component vendors (AMD, Intel, etc.) are gaining and losing share
- Which accelerator component vendors (NVIDIA, Intel, Xilinx, etc.) are gaining and losing share
- How clouds competitively price rentable IaaS configurations
Hybrid alternative data is standardized and normalized by a subject matter expert (SME), a defining difference between alternative data and hybrid alternative data.
Cloud Types & Components Share-Of-Shelf Tracking
- Processor share-of-shelf examines production instance type configurations in each cloud region
- Accelerator share-of-shelf additionally factors in the number of accelerator chips (GPUs, FPGAs and custom designs) offered in each accelerated configuration.
Six Times Faster Than Quarterly Data
- Sequential month-to-month growth, such as January 2022 to January 2022
- Year-over-year growth by month, such as January 2022 to January 2022
- Sequential month-to-month growth compared to previous year, such as January 2022 to January 2022 growth compared to January 2022 to January 2022 growth
- Rolling six-month CMGR (Compound Monthly Growth Rate), month by month, such as January 2022 to January 2022 CMGR
Time-series data subscribers have the option to customize the data fields they receive. They also have the option to receive an automated data feed via API. Report subscribers receive written analysis, data and figures on a monthly basis.
All Liftr Insights hybrid alternative data is made possible by subject matter expertise. Time for questions with a subject matter expert (SME) is included in the subscriptions.
Reports cover processor-only instance types, instance types with processors plus dedicated accelerator hardware (such as GPUs and FPGAs) and disaggregated instance types containing accelerators only (such as Cloud TPUs). Liftr Insights adds new accelerator technologies as they are deployed in production instance types at tracked CSP data centers.
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Microsoft Azure (Azure)
- Oracle Cloud
- Tencent Cloud
Liftr Insights gathers IaaS and bare metal instance type data
Applied Materials (AMAT)
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC)
SK Hynix (000660.KS)
Micron Technology (MU)
Dell Technologies (DELL)
Quanta Computer (2382.TW)
Ampere Computing *