The Liftr Cloud Components Tracker service identifies, catalogs and compares public cloud service provider (CSP) compute instance types, prices, components and configurations, region by region around the entire world. Compute instance types include Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) virtual server and bare metal instances.
Liftr Cloud Components Tracker tells subscribers:
- What clouds (AWS, Azure, etc.) dominate different parts of the world (US, China, etc.)
- The competitive positions of component vendors (AMD, Intel, etc.)
- The actual pricing for cloud configurations and more
Liftr Cloud Components Tracker provides an accurate “share of shelf” analysis for IaaS configurations, pricing and major components, including major semiconductor components.
- Processor share of shelf examines production instance type configurations in each cloud region
- Accelerator share of shelf additionally factors in the number of accelerator chips (GPUs, FPGAs and custom designs) offered in each accelerated configuration.
Liftr Insights tracks changes continuously, and we deliver data monthly. This allows Liftr Insights to provide more granularity more often than traditional data sources and shortens time-to-insight for subscribers:
- Sequential month-to-month growth, such as March 2020 to April 2020
- Year-over-year growth by month, such as April 2019 to April 2020
- Sequential month-to-month growth compared to previous year, such as March to April 2019 growth compared to March to April 2020 growth
- Rolling six-month CMGR (Compound Monthly Growth Rate), month by month, such as November 2019 to April 2020 CMGR